I was craving some sort of roast and in the Greenwise section of Publix meats, they had this beautiful Top Round that I had to pick up yesterday. After searching around the Internet, I found directions that weren’t intimidating on AllRecipes.com: Slow Cooker London Broil Recipe. This morning I ran out to get the missing ingredients and got it into the crock-pot by 9am. We did things just a little differently and I thought I would share since the meat part came out YUMMY!
Crock Pot Top Round London Broil Recipe
(based on the one linked above using suggestions from their comment section)
- 2-3 lbs of Top Round
- 1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can of Campbell’s Tomato Soup
- 1 pkg of dry onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
Lay the meat into the pot, slicing off a hunk if needed to fit. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together and then pour over meat.
Cook on low for 10 hours.
The roast and gravy it created were truly out of this world.
The other thing I did that did NOT turn out was the veggies. I read that you could make a *boat* from tin foil to sit on top of the meat for the potatoes and carrots. As you can see from the photo, they really didn’t cook. The potatoes were hard and the carrots were just not right.
So we threw in some microwave mashed potatoes and a can of green beans and had those instead. The delicious meat made up for it though.
If you try it, let me know how it goes for you!
Crockpot London Broil Recipe
- 1 2-3 lbs Top Round
- 1 Can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can Campbell's Tomato Soup
- 1 Pkg Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Lay the meat into the pot, slicing off a hunk if needed to fit. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together and then pour over meat.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
- You could try a boat and maybe it will work for you. Or you could steam some veggies separately.